“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahtma Gandhi
There are many tutoring services out there, so what makes Evergreen Tutoring Services so special?
The difference is our tailored approach to learning.
In our tailored approach, every student is assessed and treated as an individual, and from there, lesson plans are crafted just for your child. We don’t teach according to grade level, we teach according to skill level, and while it is our goal to get all students up and above their current level of schooling, there is no point having students struggle when just a few sessions at their level can make all the difference in the world.
With our tutoring approach, we work closely with the curriculum to identify and correct gaps in the students learning, this gives them a solid foundation to build the rest of their education on. After all, you wouldn’t build a house on sand. Education is the one gift we can give our students to help them thrive in their adult lives.
The education of our students is our whole focus. Our Tutors are all carefully selected, assessed, and interviewed before we bring them into our team at Evergreen Tutoring Services. We expect the highest standard from our Tutors, and so, we only hire the best. Each of them are selected and supported by our Founder Jessica, a teacher with seven years of classroom teaching experience, three university degrees, and four published books.
Jessica has been a private Tutor for over two years and came to realise the shocking standards in which Tutors were forced to work under and was deeply saddened by the fact that far too many Tutors were under-skilled, un-mentored and un-monitored. Tutoring from a Tutor who has no idea what they are doing is not only a waste of money but can also be detrimental to student results and achievement.
There was nowhere that placed the strict standards necessary to ensure excellent quality Tutors. In fact, most places don’t require any sort or qualification or documentation at all. All Tutors should at the very least have a VCE pass, current Police and Working with Children’s Check, but we are sad to say, too many Tutors and tutoring companies don’t even require that.
After recovering from the shock of this severe lack, Jessica decided to form her own small business on the Mornington Peninsula and out into the South-Eastern Suburbs. A place where high-quality Tutors could come to be employed and mentored while at the same time, giving parents and students a perfect place to find a skilled Tutor who works closely with a business to ensure constant quality and achievement.
We guarantee that all of our Tutors:
- Have a current and valid working with Children’s Check.
- Have a current and valid Police Check.
- Are skilled and high achieving individuals.
- They all have (or are currently working on) a Bachelor or higher in further education.
- Have all been personally assessed by our Founder to ensure they have the necessary skills and aptitude for teaching and working with children and students.
- All our tutors are required to hand in student assessment and comment sheets at the end of every month.
- Have access to resources compiled by our Founder to assist with every grade level under the National Australian Curriculum, to support with planning their tailored lessons.
- Have a passion for educating students and a desire to see them reach their best. This isn’t just a job. It’s a calling.
The future of all students is too important to leave in the hands of just anyone. So, Evergreen Tutoring Services would like to extend their hand to you, with a promise of quality, skilled and professional Tutors who want nothing more than to see your child achieve.