Please note, we are not currently taking any applications for tutoring positions. We will remove this notice when we considering applications again.
We are excited to expand our team of fantastic tutors, and we are glad you are interested in a position with us. We are always looking for highly motivated, passionate, and professional tutors like yourself to join our team.
At Evergreen Tutoring Services, we are proud to be one of the few tutoring services that employ their tutors instead of insisting they become contractors to work with us. We do this because we believe tutors deserve award rates of pay and clear standards of employment.
What does this mean?
- We employ our tutors under the award assigned to us from Fair Work Australia. Our tutors are paid award wages and are giving standard working entitlements.
- We pay superannuation in line with Australian Superannuation Laws.
- We organise your taxes and ensure it makes it to the ATO.
- All our shifts are a minimum of 2-hours.
- Our insurances protect our tutors and clients.
- Our administrative team takes care of all the work associated with organising the times, days, and places of our tutor’s lessons (in line with our tutor’s availability).
We understand the importance and necessity of tutors in Australia, and we believe they should have security and protection while they are at work. We do this so our tutors can focus on what’s important, educating our students.
What do we offer our employees that is extra?
- We have a collection of resources aligned with the Australian National Curriculum. These resources are sourced and collected by a qualified teacher and shared with our tutors. These are to assist our tutors with their lessons, planning, and knowledge of the curriculum.
- We have individual mentoring. Our founder is a qualified teacher, and they mentor our tutors regarding everything they need to know about tutoring. Our mentoring includes assistance with lesson planning, suitable resources, ideas and suggestions for improvement, discussions about teaching strategies, and more.
- We have a tutor’s hub! Our hub is a place where all our tutors can connect and share ideas, thoughts, discussions, and the proud moments we have with our students.
- We have flexible working hours! You give us your availabilities, and we will work your lessons to fit your schedule!
- Work is close to your home. We only ask you to travel 30-35 minutes from your home for lessons because we understand your life can be busy.
- Our clients and tutors receive handbooks that communicate essential information about our service and policies. These handbooks are to protect all parties and to create a safe and comfortable environment for everyone involved.
- We offer online lessons to give flexibility to our tutors and the way they prefer to work.
- Our team is incredibly friendly!
We have a few requirements for our tutors, so be sure to check to make sure we are a good fit.
- Our tutors need a form of private transport. This job requires travel between places of work. And/Or an up to date device that will allow them to run online lessons, through a range of platforms without losing the quality of the lesson they provide.
- Tutors need a paid Working With Children’s Check, and a current Police Check, or a VIT before being assigned any student.
- Tutors need a thorough understanding of the current Australian Curriculum, or willingness to learn before the commencement of work.
- We are looking for individuals with an aptitude and patience for teaching.
- Tutors must be reliable and professional. Consistency is important in education, and so our lessons are usually ongoing.
- We only employ tutors who have, or are working on, a University Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Tutors must be willing to undergo a three-stage process to ensure they are a good fit for our team.
If you think you would love to join our fantastic team, please provide a cover letter detailing why you want to be a tutor in our team. Include your availabilities, education, and what subjects and year levels you feel you are qualified to teach.
Please send these documents to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line, please put ‘Tutor application. [suburb you live in]’
We look forward to hearing from you!